While the last few weeks have been trying I think that we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. The saddness is getting less and less each day. Don't get me wrong, we still are thinking about this LO, but we are resting in the knowledge that other's who went before us welcomed our angel home and that we will see this angel in heaven.
Today we attended a going away party for one of Brett's co-workers who is moving to NC for her husband to complete his OB/GYN residency at Duke. I was somewhat dreading this party, because if I haven't mentioned it before the Baptist Clinical Pharmacy Deptartment is a fertile bunch. Right now there two of the seven female specialist are pregnant and all but one of the 12 specialist, regadless of gender, have a child under the age of 2 (this includes Callum). I am very happy for them but it a small part of me is still sad that we are not right there pregnant with them. Anyway so we went and while many of Brett's co-workers were missing, including the two that are pregnant, someone they used to work with was in attendance and announced that she is currently pregnant. Not only that her due date is November 23, 2010, which was our LO's due date. In my head my jaw fell to the ground, I knew it would happen, someone we knew was bound to announce that they were pregnant BUT with the same due date; however, I congratulated her and realized that while I was a little jealous I wasn't even close to falling apart, yeah for the small victories!! We are going to make it through and be stronger for it. God's way is perfect and we need to trust in that. Bring on the good news of new life for those around us, we are ready to rejoice with those around us and look to the future always remembering our angel that has gone before us.
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment