Sunday, June 27, 2010

Good Idea...

Tonight since Brett is stuck at work (along with all the other Baptist Pharmacists, as they get ready for the "Go Live" of a new computer system tomorrow) I decided that Callum and I would take a walk around the block. This meant both of us walking, holding hands of course (Callum wouldn't have it any other way). We have done this before; however, it is usually more successful when both Brett and I are involved and tonight was no different. For those of you who have never been to our house, we live one house from the corner and our garages/parking pads are in back of our houses on an alley. So we went out the back door and I carried Callum out past the neighbor's house where some kids were playing Basketball (anything ball related is totally distracting and requires that we stop and try to play as well) and out to the street. He proceeded to take two steps and then investigate the rocks embedded in the road. He then took two more steps and wanted to look at a leaf. Needless to say we did not get very far (around the corner and past the front of the neighbor's house) before I realized making it around the block was not going to happen (at least not before it was dark outside and we started at 6:30). So instead we sat of the curb in front of our house. Callum was tickled pink. Not only could he inspect the rocks and pick up and throw leaves, but he got to greet each car that drove by either on our street or the street that runs parallel to ours. Every time a car drove by he would wave and say "Hi." I guess he just felt like being your friendly neighborhood Callum rather than walking around the block.

No comments:

Post a Comment