Sunday, June 6, 2010

Bring on the Steak

So our typically good sleeper woke up screaming about 12:15 last night. There are times that he will wake up and whine for a few minutes and quickly go back to sleep; however, last night that was not the case. So I quickly got up and went to check on him. When I got there I found nothing immediately wrong (i.e. no fever, no errant body part stuck in the crib, etc.). Then it hit me, for the last few days Callum has been drooling and putting everything, especially his hands, in his mouth, so I figured he must be getting ready to get more teeth (right now he has the four front ones and two bottom ones), so I got out the teething tablets and started to rub them on his gums. Would you believe it, while running my finger along his gums I found Callum's left molar coming in on the top, hence the crying. After teething tablets, Tylenol, and then 30 minutes later Orajel, he fell back asleep and slept until 7:30 and has been a trooper throughout the day (however, his fingers have been in his mouth all day). Once these molars come in I guess we will have to start sharing all of our food, including steak, since he will have the tools necessary to chew everything; however, the lack of teeth has not held him back from too many things in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment