Thursday, July 29, 2010

I Voted Today

While I went the Kidstown Consignment Sale yesterday (got some great deals on some very cute winter clothes for Callum) Callum and Brett went to vote (I voted Tuesday before I picked Callum up, so I was taken care of). Overall Brett said that Callum did well; however, he was not really "in" to the whole process, maybe it was the sitting in the stroller for 45 minutes that really didn't make him gun hoe about the democratic process. HOWEVER, when they left and were getting into the car, Callum noticed all the people standing in front with signs and flyers and he was memorized. He looked at Brett like "dude why did we spend all that time inside the party is out here." After witnessing the people campaigning, Callum has decided he wants to be part of the process next year (not the voting part though, just the campaigning) ; however, we are uncertain if it is so he can wave a sign or run around uprooting and destroying the signs. We will have to wait and see.

BTW-I brought home a sticker that said "I Voted Today" and tried to give it to Callum to wear. You would have thought I had stuck something disgusting on his shirt. He quickly ripped it off and threw it on the ground. I guess he still is not a fan of stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment