Friday, July 9, 2010

Mr. Mom

Yesterday I attended a CEU downtown which meant that I left Brett and Callum at home for the entire day and boy did they have fun. After a brief morning nap they headed out to Little Gym where they had all sorts of fun with 2 of Callum's friends Gwen and Meaghan. According to Brett Callum was showing off for the ladies the entire time. Not only did he walk the entire warm-up all by himself but he played on the air track (it is like a moon bounce but without the walls and ceiling) without Brett on there with him. The most exciting thing though was that he walked over and crawled up on the balance beam all by himself and then walked across it with only the help of the parallel bars.



After this they headed home for some lunch where are Brett puts i,t the first of two "Mr. Mom" moments happened. To put it briefly Brett was warming up leftovers from the night before in the oven and decided that he would leave one meal in the Styrofoam container because the oven wasn't too warm (170 degrees). He did consider the possibilty that it would melt because the rack was hot and put it on a cookie sheet. Needless to say it did melt but after putting it in and out of the oven and using the BBQ spatula I am happy to report that he removed all the melted mess from the cookie sheet before I returned home. The second moment involved warming up dinner and melting the bag the spoon was in, dinner was saved and this moment was far less messy. I am just grateful that he took the time to cook for Callum and I, it was a nice treat!

After lunch there was a 3 hour nap for Callum (he never does that for me, go figure) and then an attempted trip to the golf course; however, the stars were not aligned and they did not successfully end up at the golf course. Overall though they had a great day and everyone had all their appendages and digits when I got home so I would say it was a successful day. When we went to bed last night thought Brett recounted all the things that he did not get done today and then told me he has a new appreciation for what I do all day. That was a nice bonus, since it is always nice to feel validated and appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment