Friday, July 9, 2010

I Love a Parade

Alright I will admit that I have been a slacker this week and am only now getting to blogging about our 4th of July weekend but here it is:

To start off the weekend Callum participated in his first parade. One of our little friends turned 1 on July 3rd and he neighborhood has an annual 4th of July parade and it happened to fall on her birthday, which created the unique opporunity for her first birthday celebration. Brett was very excited about the parade and wanted to deck Callum's wagon all out for the event; however, in the end the sunshade and a balloon were all the decorations that adorned our wagon. Callum seemed to have a good time as did the rest of us. Brett was particularly proud that he got a pat on the shoulder from on of our U.S. Congressman.

"Parading" with Ms. Sha and Helen Grace
After the parade was over Brett and Callum decided it would be fun to take Helen Grace, another one of our sweet friends for a ride in the wagon (there are two seats and seatbelts so I guess they are meant to be filled); however, next time they might need to tape line on the floor of the wagon to distinguish whose feet go where since they kept taking turns kicking each other.



The rest of the weekend I am sad to report was not very eventful though. It include a trip to the new fancy Salvation Army store, Target to buy patio furniture, going for a shading run on the Germantown Greenbelt, and just hanging out spending time as a family. Hope everyone else also had a wonderufl and relaxing 4th of July!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! i hadn't seen the pic of their feet- so glad you snapped this one! how typical, especially with hg's toe coming out of her sandal! :)

    ReplyDelete