As a side note to the runny nose, I had a moment today when I realized how much my life has changed and that I truly am a mommy. Callum and I made a quick trip to Barnes and Noble this afternoon and since it was quick I did not bring his diaper bag with me. Taking into account the runny nose from above this was not the best idea. As we got into the children's section of books Callum sneezes and snot runs down his face (gross and TMI I know). My only thought was that I did not want him to smear it all over his face, so I quickly wiped his nose with my fingers. BUT...I did not think though where I was going to wipe it after that. So in true mommy fashion I wiped it on the inside of the t-shirt I was wearing, then went and washed my hands, and when we got home changed my shirt. What else is a mom to do?
Monday, July 26, 2010
Say Cheese...
Callum had some trouble falling asleep last night and woke up this morning with a very runny nose courteousy his canine teeth coming in on the top (once they are in he will have all of his teeth on the top and only half as many on the bottom, go figure). Needless to say he was a little grumpy; however, after some breakfast he perked up so we headed to the Suggs sprinkle park to meet some of our friends. Callum had a good time playing with his friends in the water and then sitting and eating his lunch while the mommies visited. It is amazing to see how much these little ones have grown, seeing that this time last year we all were sitting around with nursing covers feeding them while we visited and now they can all feed themselves (at least to some degree). By the time we were done Callum was a tired boy but he found the camera and handed it to me as if to say "Take a picture of me I am so cute." So here is the picture I hope you all enjoy it.

As a side note to the runny nose, I had a moment today when I realized how much my life has changed and that I truly am a mommy. Callum and I made a quick trip to Barnes and Noble this afternoon and since it was quick I did not bring his diaper bag with me. Taking into account the runny nose from above this was not the best idea. As we got into the children's section of books Callum sneezes and snot runs down his face (gross and TMI I know). My only thought was that I did not want him to smear it all over his face, so I quickly wiped his nose with my fingers. BUT...I did not think though where I was going to wipe it after that. So in true mommy fashion I wiped it on the inside of the t-shirt I was wearing, then went and washed my hands, and when we got home changed my shirt. What else is a mom to do?
As a side note to the runny nose, I had a moment today when I realized how much my life has changed and that I truly am a mommy. Callum and I made a quick trip to Barnes and Noble this afternoon and since it was quick I did not bring his diaper bag with me. Taking into account the runny nose from above this was not the best idea. As we got into the children's section of books Callum sneezes and snot runs down his face (gross and TMI I know). My only thought was that I did not want him to smear it all over his face, so I quickly wiped his nose with my fingers. BUT...I did not think though where I was going to wipe it after that. So in true mommy fashion I wiped it on the inside of the t-shirt I was wearing, then went and washed my hands, and when we got home changed my shirt. What else is a mom to do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment