Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Things found in the Backseat

This entry was written by Brett. This story was too cute not to share; however, since it is not my story I did not think I could do it justice.

I took Callum to Kidstation this morning. As I set him in the carseat, he leaned over the far side of his carseat into the rest of the backseat, which was still full of things from my weekend trip. He sat back up and handed me a hat. Callum refuses to wear a hat, but loves to pick them up and give them to us. I took the hat from him and set it in the front seat. I turned back around to find him rooting around again. This time he found a pair of sunglasses, which he politely handed to me as well. As I buckled him into the seat, I felt proud of my little boy, and how helpful he tries to be, when it occurred to me that there may be an implied messege. Thirty seconds after we leave the house, he gives me a hat and sunglasses- is he already ashamed to be seen with me? I half expected him to reach down and pull out a fake moustache for me. The potential for hurt feelings was eliminated shortly after, when we got to Kidstation and he begged me not to leave...

No comments:

Post a Comment