Friday, June 25, 2010

Storytime

I having been meaning to post these; however, I keep getting distracted. Last Thursday and Friday Callum attended his first organized storytimes. He did great!

Thursday we went to Davis Kidd Booksellers storytime with several of our friends and it was wonderful. I would highly recommend it for babies and toddlers of all ages. There was about 20 minutes of singing songs and then a very engaging story. Afterwards Callum found the train table and had the best time trying to figure where the trains went and how the bridge worked. While we did have a good time, it was bittersweet as we were saying good-bye to one of Callum's first friends who is moving to Iowa City this weekend. They will be missed but we know that they will be very happy in Iowa.

Callum and Keira at the train table. (Callum and Keira have been friends since 3 weeks old)



Friday we went to "Boogie with the Babies" at Germantown Public Library. This storytime involved puppets and the librarians singing and acting out the stories. While it was exciting and we had a good time it ran a distant second to Davis Kidd. However, we were able to capture a rare picture of all four of out toddlers sitting at a table (not all are looking at the camera, but I think this how it is going to be for a while).

Callum, Gwen, Haruto, and Meaghan enjoying some books at the library

No comments:

Post a Comment