Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Omaha visiting with Brett's parents, sister, aunt and Uncle, and cousins. We really enjoyed ourselves and ate a lot of good food. Here are some pictures from our trip:

Enthralled with the Macy's Day Parade and Sesame Street


Running around outside in the COLDGreat-Grandma Mac, Callum, and Brody having a conference
"Let me see what you have in there. I only have 1 (with 1 on the way) and I want to see what I am in for."
Ready to go for a walk with Nana, while there was no snow it was very COLD. Callum really enjoyed getting dressed up in his warm weather gear.
Checking out the Exersaucer with Brody
It looked like so much fun Callum had to try it out. It is set to the lowest setting because Brody is only 5 months old so Callum sat in and set his legs out straight so he could spin around and play with all the toys. We will see when we get the Jumperoo out for the next one if he is as interested.

Mommy was checking out Brody's "smelly feet" and Callum had to be part of it.Giving Brody a hug (with some supervision)
In a pillow fort watching Yo Gabba Gabba
I'm a Bear in the Morning, Watch Out
Trying his hand at operatic singing
Penning the great American novel (after this he donned Brett's belt over his diaper and proceeded to fix things like Handy Manny)
Getting ready to get in the pool

Splashing


Let's go this way to the window
The pool in the hotel in Omaha was very special, both in design and in Brett's memories. For years Brett has told me about the hotel that he stayed at a child that was sooooo cool because it had a window that you could swim under that separated the indoor and outdoor pool and we stayed at that same hotel this trip. Callum and Brett even went under the window to the outside where it was COLD and here the are coming back in.
"Where are we? What did you just do?"
"I'm out of here!!"
Even though I am a big boy I still sometimes need to sleep/snuggle in mommy's arms.
Callum slept in the closet in our hotel room (I know sounds bad but he does better being separated from us and the Pack'n'Play fit). The first two night went well but the final night we noticed something opening and closing the door. The picture is a little blurry but if you look closely you can see the "something" and his hand. We not sure what it is, maybe Bigfoot (or Callum who knows)
We drove home yesterday and Callum did great. He snacked, napped, and played with a variety of toys so he was entertained as drove. We had a wonderful time and hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well.

1 comment: