Thursday, November 25, 2010

Sense of Humor

It is so nice to know that God has a sense of humor (or at least I assume that he does). Tuesday afternoon we started our car trip to Omaha and Callum was an excellent passenger. he played contentedly until we stopped for dinner and then fell asleep and slept for the additional 3 hours that we drove Tuesday night. We stopped and spent the night in Clinton, MO. We figured that Callum would fall asleep in the car and our hope was just to transfer him into the pack'n'play in the motel, so we had already put him in his PJs etc so he was ready to go; however, Callum had other ideas. We were able to transfer him BUT as soon as we all got in bed the drunk people in the adjoining room returned and we were all awake. So about an hour later I found myself snuggling with Callum in the bed and thinking how I wish this child would sleep and I realized that God has a sense of humor. Not two nights before I was telling Brett after Callum went to bed that I wished that Callum was sleeping in a twin so I could go snuggle with him, funny how it was now happening and I realized I needed to be thankful for the opportunity. After about 10 minutes of snuggling we were able to put Callum back in his bed and we all slept for a few hours before hitting the road again.

We made it to Omaha by lunch time Wednesday and met up with Brett's immediate and extended family. Callum got to meet several of his cousins for the first time and seemed to have an overall good time.Last night went much better and Callum was out by 7:30 and slept with only minimal interruptions until 6:00 this morning (which is his normal time to get up). I got him up but was still being lazy so here was Callum's set up so Brett and I could rest while he was entertained (this is the first time he would actually wear the earphones).


Currently Brett is giving Callum a bath (which C can't decide if he likes) and here are some cute pics of him trying to drink the water

No comments:

Post a Comment