We have had a hectic, yet productive, morning and despite this fact I am feeling truly blessed. Despite being busy we had a quiet start to our morning. This morning I heard Callum saying "up, up" right after Brett's alarm went off, so Brett went and got him and brought him into bed with us. For the first time in 2 years Callum snuggled right up and fell asleep in our bed between us. As I laid there with my family snuggled under the covers with me I realized how truly blessed I am. I have a man who loves me unconditionally and would do anything to make me happy. I have a healthy, smart child, who was snuggled up with his head in the middle of my back (he was laying horizontally between Brett and I). And as the cherry on the cake I have a healthy baby growing inside of me, who was kicking away as I laid in bed. God has truly blessed me with my family and I am so very thankful for them.
For the rest of the morning: Brett tried to take Callum to Kidstation as MDO was closed due to 3" of snow; however, Kidstation also opened later and after an hour and a half of waiting they opened just as I found out all of my kiddos canceled so we didn't have to pay to have someone watch him. We are very blessed that Brett's job is flexible and allowed him to play/spend some extra time with Callum this morning. I left a little early for work (9:20 or so, when I thought I still had to work at 11) and thanks to growing up in Colorado and having an AWD vehicle was not too concerned about the snow/ice, so I stopped at the Kidstown consignment sale. The snow/ice had discouraged many people from the sale so it was really quiet even though it had just opened to the public. I was able to get Callum 7 pairs of shorts, 1 pair of pants, 5 nice t-shirts, 5 button up short sleeved shirts, 2 pairs of swim trunks, and 3 one piece shorttails for $60 total, what a blessing. All the clothes are in great shape and it is nice to be able to save a little on them since I know he is just going to play in the mud and spill things on them. When I was finished I stopped and picked up Callum from Brett at work and we stopped at Target and came home and ate lunch and know it is time for naps for both of us. Fingers crossed for a quieter afternoon.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment