Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hmmmm...

We cannot decide if Callum is very observant or super smart (honestly our guess is a little of both); however,  the boy regularly pulls out things that stop Brett and I in our tracks.  There have been numerous occasions were he has caught us of guard with his memory and observation skills.  Here are two examples that really made us stop and consider how much he is always taking in.

1) Below are pictures of a shirt that Brett received as a gift from a friend which commemorates the old stadium that the Denver Broncos played in (it was torn down prior to Callum's birth).  The other day I was going to wear it and I pulled it out of the closet folded as shown in the first picture and Callum immediately said "It's a Football shirt."  My jaw dropped to the ground.  How did he know that?  The second picture shows the whole shirt and note the NFL logo is not even present on it.  What a smart fellow.  


 2) Saturday as we drove to Little Gym we were stopped at a Red Light near Wal-Mart and Callum all the sudden says "It's a pineapple truck."  I looked around and at first only saw a yellow semi-truck in the parking lot which I thought that was what he saw and since it was yellow he thought it was a pineapple truck.  However, when I craned my neck (the trailer was somewhat hidden) I saw this logo, and only this logo printed once, on the trailer and realized that while he cannot read yet he knew that this word meant pineapple (at least at our house since we are pineapple snobs).  It is amazing the things these kiddos pick up on!

No comments:

Post a Comment