We have been toying with Potty Training Callum for a few months but especially in the last couple of weeks. Callum is interested in using the potty and REALLY enjoys receiving a jelly bean when he does his business. We have tried wearing underwear a few half days and even spent the whole day last Monday in underwear; however, after many accidents (he will go on the potty but doesn't realize when he has to go)we have decided to shelf really potty training for a few more months. We will still encourage him to use the potty and try to talk it up so that he is ready when we try again.
With all of this said I have to share this story from yesterday. We have really been trying to get C to poop on the potty and yesterday while I was cooking dinner Callum came running in the living room saying that he needed to poop on the potty. I couldn't see him but dropped what I was doing and came in the room to find him without pants or diaper. I hurried him to the bathroom to find he had done his business in his diaper and then sat on his potty seat and then tried to use wipes to clean himself up. Needless to say there was a bit of a mess in the bathroom; however, my favorite part was when he told me "No touch it" to the mess. While it was a little gross to clean up it was sweet that he tried to clean himself up. Hopefully this desire to clean himself up will help our future potty training efforts.
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment