So in one of my best moments as a parent (note the sarcasm dripping from my voice) I was playing with Callum using a Boomerang (his request) and after several decent throws (it came back some of the way) I threw it and let it go a little too late. Unfortunately this meant that it hit Callum square in the head, which suffice it to say he did not appreciate. He shared this lack of appreciation by yelling "You hit me! I will never walk again!" repeatedly. The connection between the two is still a little fuzzy but he was certain this was the case. Luckily Brett stepped in and offered Sparklers which saved the day. Callum dawned what he believed to be appropriate safety gear and after holding one with me, got brave enough to do it himself. In contrast his sister just took the Sparkler and started running around waving it above her head, nearly catching her hair and Brett's arm hair on fire. In the end though no one was permanently injured by the Sparklers or the Boomerang (he never brought it up after that and amazingly he was still able to walk) and we all had a fun time. I am sure the neighbors thought that we were a little bit off our rockers though, lighting Sparklers on Good Friday.
Friday, March 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment