Monday, December 27, 2010

Potty Training

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending how you look at it) I think that we are fast approaching the time that Callum will be ready to Potty Train. I have heard that it is harder to PT boys and that it usually takes longer, so I have been putting off even researching how to go about starting this until Callum seemed good and ready (I was thinking probably 2 1/2 or even 3 years old); however, it appears that Mommy needs to get researching. A few weeks ago Callum started telling us from time to time that he had pee or poop is his diaper and being spot on about it, indicating that he is starting to gain awareness (and his pronouncements are getting more frequent now). Additionally Saturday night, after all the Christmas fun, Callum had a hard time going to sleep and so we tried laying him down in his Toddler Bed which has been set up for months but he has only slept in maybe 3 times. Wouldn't you know he went right to sleep. However, about 2 hours later we heard him climb out of his bed. His bedroom door was shut but that is no problem anymore for Callum (hence the reason we have knob covers on the backdoor and the pantry). He then spent about a minute opening his door a crack and then closing it repeatedly. Finally he stepped out in the hall and when I asked him "why are you out of bed?" he replied "I got poop" and sure enough he did. Needless to say I think that we are quickly approaching PT time. Oh, Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment