Friday, September 24, 2010

Finishing Up Daddy and Callum week

Alright, so I have been home for almost a week and am just getting to blogging about last week, can you tell things have been busy!

Anyway Brett and Callum had a good rest of the rest of the week, with only a few minor bumps in the road. Thursday afternoon after MDO the boys set out for Nashville and stayed the night with our sweet friends Mr. Mitchell and Ms. Kayla. Callum got to play with Howie their adorable Westie and had a wonderful time. Friday morning the boys got up and made the trip to Maryville were they visited with and stayed the night with our good friends Paul and Amanda. They all went out to dinner and then the older boys "worked" on Brett's car while Amanda played with Callum. I am so grateful for all of our friends who let Brett and Callum stop along the why, not only did they break up the trip but they gave Brett a much need little break from being 24/7 caregiver (which he did an excellent job of). Saturday morning the boys got up watched some people flying model airplanes and than headed into Knoxville to attend the Florida vs UT game. This was Callum's (and Brett's) first visit to Neyland Stadium (they have both attended at least one other UT game, just none have been in Knoxville). Despite UT losing the boys had fun and Callum was able to be entertained, kept his monkey tether on, and got to show of his UT pride with the pants that mommy made him (he supposedly got a lot of comments on them). YEAH!! They stayed the night in Knoxville and than made the trip straight home to pick me up at the airport. Before leaving though I received this letter from Callum (via Brett):
Composing his letter
Dear Mom,
Please come home soon. Daddy's taking care of me, but he doesn't hug as good as you. And he doesn't read the stories right. And you feed me better. And I don't think he speaks Callumese at all! And I don't think Daddy is ever taking us home. But most of all, he's not my Mommy...

Love,
Callum

All in all I had a wonderful trip in San Diego and am looking forward to finding out if I can officially call myself a Certified Lactation counselor and the boys survived and all in all I think that they really enjoyed themselves. Apart for the hunger strike Callum went on for the last few days while I was gone (would only take a few bites of things and drank a lot of milk and water) I would say that Callum had a wonderful time hanging with the boys. However, though we are all very happy to be back together. Here are some pics from the airport when they picked me up. Callum literally did a happy dance, twirling in circles and doing fist bumps when he saw me.

Showing Mommy the welcome home poster he made


No comments:

Post a Comment