Saturday, May 7, 2011

Small Accomplishments...

These past few weeks seem to have been filled with many small accomplishments for the Balderson family and while these may not seem like a big deal in the grand scheme of things, they are still very exciting to us so we thought that we would share.

1. Callum continues to get more verbal and more precocious everyday.  In the last couple of weeks he has really started to try out his independence and using his words to get us to do things that he desires.  While this has been frustrating at times (read-has lead to a few tantrums when he didn't get his way) it has been fun to see him grow in this way.  About a week ago Brett and I were putting him to bed and Brett sat down in the rocking chair and I sat on the floor to read to the boys while they rocked and this was NOT what Callum wanted.  He immediately said "No Daddy floor.  Daddy sit on floor.  Mommy sit in chair. Rock."  Bossy but adorable.  Also Wednesday night Brett was working late, so I took Callum for a walk around the block before bath and bedtime.  Callum really seems to enjoy running more than walking and that evening he wanted me to prompt him to run, so I alternated between "Ready, Set, Go" and "1,2,3, Go" to mix it up.  After we had done both a few times I said "Ready, Set, Go" and Callum looked straight at me and said "No Mommy numbers."  What are we going to do with this kiddo.

2.
Yes that is correct I posted a picture of a pan of hash browns/southern potatoes as part of our small accomplishments post. I would say that I am at least an adequate cook and am able to make several things from scratch that could be tricky, such as Fettuccine Alfredo; however, two things have been my nemesis for quite some time: Hash browns and Mac'n'cheese from the box (I can make it from scratch no problem). About a month ago after some long term coaching from Brett I was able to make a batch of Mac'n'Cheese from the box successfully and then last week I made these beautiful looking potatoes. Maybe my difficulty with these food is a thing of the past.

3.

The garden bed in the backyard is complete and I know that Brett is glad to have it finished. His to do list of home improvement projects is definitely getting shorter and I am so proud of all his hard work. (And the list continues to get shorter because as I type he is tiling the guest bathroom and then ours is next).

No comments:

Post a Comment