Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Time Change
For the most part Callum has handle the change from Daylight Savings time well, he is going to bed at about 6:30 or 7 and getting up around 6, so similar to our pre-time change schedule. However, (and this might be TMI) his bodily functions have not quite adjustment. This morning about 6:20 I heard him half moaning/half whining, which typically what he does as he is waking up, and thought well Brett's alarm will be going off in 10 minutes so I will get him up then; however, about 2 minutes later I start hearing "Mommy" so I get up (without my glasses, which means that I am legally blind) and go to Callum's room thinking I will get him up, bring him into our bed and let him wake Brett up. However, when I get in his room he is still lying in the crib (which is not normal, especially if he is awake enough to call my name) and he immediately says "Poopie." Since I am blind a just touch the leg of his PJs and notice they are wet, so I tell him I will be right back since I need to get my glasses to deal with this situation. My coming in his room and then leaving without getting him up, even for a moment, typically results in a meltdown; however, Callum waited patiently (later Brett commented that Callum must have known the situation required back-up). So I got my glasses and by this point Brett asked if he could help and so we both went in his room and he was still lying there in the same place. In the end Brett had to pick him up from a lying position, stripped him down, and then shower him off while I cleaned up his PJs and bed. Looking back it was a funny situation but it is the way that I am hoping to start my morning tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment