Saturday, July 17, 2010

Let's go for a Walk

The phrase "Let's go for a walk" has changed a lot since Callum has changed from a little bundle we could easily carry, to a stroller baby, to a toddler who can walk on his own. (He will still contently ride in the stroller for a walk but we are letting him walk with us around the block now that he can). These walks, which used to take 10 minutes, now take closer to 45 minutes. However, I would not change a thing about our new "walks." (FYI-Our neighborhood doesn't have sidewalks, as so many Memphis neighborhoods don't, but Callum refuses to walk in the street and insists on walking the gutter. I guess he knows it is safer) Not only have I discovered the beauty of the grass growing in the gutter or the dead leaves scattered throughout the neighborhood but I truly enjoy watching Callum discover these things. His face just lights up as he finds something new or interesting, it is amazing to see his brain making new connections. So moral of this story, if you come to our house and we are not home drive around the corner and you will likely see us walking slowly discovering the wonders of nature our neighborhood has to offer (unless there is a cat or dog in someone's yard and then we will be standing in the gutter pointing and "yelling" cat or dog excitedly)

No comments:

Post a Comment