Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Show and Tell Tuesday - Backyard Changes

When we bought our new house there was an uneven 6 1/2' x 7' concrete slab next to our patio (yes it was that big.  I didn't believe it (I thought it was no bigger than 5') and so I made Brett lay his 6' self across the slab to prove it.  He was a good sport and did it and yes it was bigger than him); however, I am happy to report that it is gone and we are now the proud owners of a small raised garden bed (minus a little dirt and seeds which we still need to finish).  We were dreading removing the slab but thankfully it was much easier than expected and Brett and his dad were able to complete the whole project in a day rather than just removing the slab.  We are very excited to get to using it.



Additionally our backyard has been updated with a new water table that Nana and Pop-Pop got Finley (and really Callum) for Finley's birthday.  The kiddos LOVE the table.  It has a place to put sand as well; however, I think for the time being we are going to leave it empty as small children, sand, and tile/wood floors probably won't be a good match.

Crazy Hair

 

 
Do you see the red?  Maybe this is where her opinionated
personality is coming from.

Additionally Nana and Callum updated some pots in the backyard with some Spray paint (all Nana, no 3 year old running around with Spray paint here) and planting some Lilies.
Filling his watering can to water the flowers.
(Yes he is missing the majority of him clothes but he got
very wet at the water table and since it is our fenced backyard
we figured why not.  I couldn't resist taking pictures of him.
He was adorable and rarely can be convinced to not be fully dressed)



No comments:

Post a Comment