Wednesday, July 13, 2011

First Haircut

We have been talking for a couple of months that it was probably time to get Callum's haircut especially with his Aunt's wedding coming up in a couple of months.  We have waited this long mainly because he looked alright and I was afraid we would lose the curls which I love so much. After 29 1/2 months we decided ew were going to do it this weekend but I got a little too anxious about it and told Brett we needed to do it sooner rather than later, so we went last night (Tuesday July 12, 2011) and I have to say that it was a success.  Neither Callum nor I cried while he got his hair cut (and the curls were still there) and I only got a little misty eyed after the fact; however, I have to admit that he does look better and I think he likes it (it is probably cooler).

His hair from the front before we got it cut


and from the back. (When it is wet and combed out straight it reaches the middle of his back) As you can see it was probably time to get it cut.

We took him to Fun Cuts, a salon that caters to kids.  When we got there he walked right back to the chair and climbed right up.

He was very excited that he got to watch Cars while his hair was cut.

He even got to hold Kermit the frog; however, it was funny when the stylist told him the frog's name Callum looked at his sister a little confused (probably because he still calls her Kermit about 50% of the time).

Getting his hair cut, look out how very long it was.  We cut it to about 1/2 the length it was.



This is only a small fraction of the hair we left on the floor (and we did bring home a good portion of his ringlets as well)

Showing off his new big boy hairdo, note the curls are intact.  He looks like he is ready to go off to middle/high school.  (Brett even asked him this morning if he was driving yet to which he responded "No."


Our handsome little man.  We love him so very much!!

1 comment: