Saturday, July 16, 2011

Cooler Weather

Alright this title might be a little misleading (you might be thinking mid-70's); however, after being 100 degrees with heat indexes of 110-115, a high of 90 and 92 has felt down right nice and meant that it was time to head outside and enjoy a little sunshine and fresh air.

Last weekend we made the mistake of mentioning going to the zoo to Callum (it was a mistake because we decided it was too warm for the zoo) and everyday since he had asked to go, so when I saw that the high was 90 on Thursday I packed up the kiddos and the 3 of us headed to the zoo.  I was a little nervous to go it alone but figured we would make it work; however, as I was unloading the car we ran into some of our sweet friends and were able to visit the zoo with them.  It was great because Callum had a friend his age to explore with and I think the boys enjoyed playing while the their sisters ate.

Enjoying a snack with his buddy Graham by the Sea Lions.

Since the weather was still cooler Friday (high of 92 and humid, so it was sticky but we endured) we headed with some friends to My Big Backyard at the Botanic Gardens which was great fun.  Callum enjoyed playing in the play houses in addition to running thru the "rain" and splashing and exploring in the "river."

They have a wizarding exhibit (knock off of Harry Potter) and Callum was very interested in it.  He ran right up to it and said "I go to work."

Making music inside and ...

out.


He found a broom and decided he needed to clean up.  The house has a dirt floor so he had a big job ahead of him.

Finley was throughly exhausted by the whole event

No he isn't holding a log on his back (Brett's response when he saw the picture),he is enjoying splashing in the river.


No comments:

Post a Comment