Monday, April 4, 2011
A Jacket
Saturday I took advantage of some retail therapy in Tunica while Brett and Callum had a boy's day at home and I think that they had a lot of fun. They went to Little Gym and Lowe's and then came home to plant flowers and put down some railroad ties around the berry bushes I got last year for Mother's Day that have come back (We are not known for our green thumbs so we were very surprised) and since they seem to be surviviors we decided to protect them from the lawn mover this season. After all their fun Callum was exhausted and already in bed by the time I got home at 8; however, before I went in to peek at him, Brett stopped mey to share this story: While he was rocking Callum, C sat up and looked at him and started emphatically requesting "a dakit, a dakit, a dakit." Brett responded to him "I don't know what that is" and C looked directly at him and said "a coat." He wanted his jacket on, so Brett put on his zip up sweatshirt (over long sleeved footie PJs), zipped it up per C's insistence, and at C's request even put on "a hat" (pulled up the hood) before laying him down. So sure enough when I went in to look at him he was almost asleep and had a sweatshirt on with the hood up and refused to let me take it off. What a silly boy. (I did eventually get it off of him before I went to bed. He is a sweaty sleeper who likes his blankets so I really did not want him to sleep all night in his sweatshirt if possible).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment