Friday, January 28, 2011

Adventure in transitioning

So I posted last week about how easy it had been to move Callum to his Toddler bed and while I wasn't completely wrong we have experienced a few "bumps" in the process throughout the last week.

Thursday and Friday night- Callum was put to bed in his Toddler bed and slept through the night, remaining in bed until Brett or I got him up.

Saturday night - Layed down fine; however, he quickly got up and spent close to an hour opening and closing his bedroom door with us putting him back to bed every 10-15 minutes, until I finally got smart and put a child proofing doorknob cover on the inside of the door so he couldn't open it. Callum cried to a little while and then fell asleep RIGHT BEHIND HIS DOOR! (See the pictures below) Before we went to bed Brett put Callum in his bed and he slept through the night.




Sunday night - Slept through the night in his bed with no difficulties.

Monday night - Brett had a scheduled day off on Tueday and we had several things to do, including taking the Rodeo in to get it checked for a potential recall at 8:30 and then getting Callum to MDO at 9, which is 30 minutes away, so we were going to be rushing so I tried hard to get us ready the night before so we could just get up and go in the morning. Anyway so we laid Calllum down and checked on him before we go to bed and he was still in his bed; however, when I went to get him up he had managed to lock himself in his room! In the end Brett had to take the doorknobs off of C's door and his playroom door inorder to get it open. Needless to say we were running a late despite my attempts the night before (also both doorknobs were put back on with the lock facing the hall,= to hopefully avoid this in the future; however, the concern is now that C and I will end up locked in his room, but we have put screwdrivers in each room so we should be able to get ourselves out).

Tuesday and Wednesday night - went to bed easy and stayed in his bed at least until we went to bed and in the morning we found him sleeping behind his door. Oh, well.

Thursday night - Went to bed GREAT and was still in his bed at 11 pm and while I found him in his bed playing with his toys this morning the two piles of wet wipes, across the room from each other, and the poured out box of gauze pads, gives the impression he did get out of bed cause some trouble and then got back in.

Oh, what fun we are having here (but I do know that we will get more consistent in staying in the bed and thankfully we have not had to go back to putting him in his crib).

No comments:

Post a Comment