Monday, June 25, 2012

Self Feeding is...

messy business!

At her one year visit Dr. Charles told us we needed to start encouraging Finley's independence, especially in feeding.  This included holding own sippy cup (which she can do great when she wants to) and feeding herself with a spoon.  We got right on the sippy cup but the spoon I have been a little hesitant about.  Two nights ago I finally broke down and gave her one and she knew just what to do with it.  Now not a lot of food made it in her mouth this way (she seemed to prefer to hold the spoon in one hand get a mouthful of food with the other and then put the spoon in her mouth but it is practice right?).  This morning for breakfast I decided to let her have a go at yogurt since Callum was eating too and she was in heaven.  She made a big mess and refused to give up the spoon and bowl when she was done so I think it was a hit!



No comments:

Post a Comment