Monday, October 18, 2010

Catch

So after our busy weekend, Callum and I had a lazy day at home today and when I say lazy I mean L-A-Z-Y, the most activity we did outside of the house was a quick trip to Target and playing outside for about 15 minutes before Brett got home. It was nice just to hang out at home, play with Callum, and actually lay him down for a nap (I know that sounds weird but since Callum has gone to one hap a day I cannot remember the last time I actually rocked him and laid him down for a nap, usually he naps at MDO or falls asleep in the car). Everyday Callum amazes me with something new that he has picked up and today was no different. This morning Callum wanted to play "catch," (at least as well as a 20 month can); however, he refused to play with me unless I was wearing the Ove Glove from the kitchen. I even tried taking it off and Callum stopped the game and came and picked it up and handed it back to me. Where did he get this idea that I needed a glove to play? Maybe watching playoff games with daddy. Anyway when Brett got home Callum wanted to play "catch" with him and when I produced the Ove Glove, which I had hidden so I didn't have to wear it any more (I thought two hours of wear was more than fair) Callum took it to Brett, who did not believe that Callum would require him to wear it; however, require he did. In the end Brett was wearing the Ove Glove and Callum was wearing a Pot Holder while they played "catch." Afterwards Brett found a pair of stretchy winter gloves that fit Callum and Brett's hands, so hopefully that will be easier to play with. Callum had so much fun with his ball and new glove that he is currently asleep in his crib with them, as he wouldn't give them up. Maybe we have a major leaguer in the making.

No comments:

Post a Comment