Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Dozen Chickens

It has been a long time since I lasted blogged, and every time I think about how behind I just get more behind, so I have decided to start blogging new stuff and than try and catch up with the old stuff.

So the weather has be unseasonably cold for weeks here is Memphis and we have even seen a little snow (which FREAKS Memphians out), however, the chickens have not seemed to notice.  They want out everyday, even when we occasionally turned on the heat lamp for them, and walk around the yard all puffed up keeping themselves warm,  Also in the winter chickens typically lay fewer eggs; however, ours have not gotten the message and in the last week have laid 4 dozen eggs, with the biggest day being 9 eggs (everybody laid that day, as the 3 babies are not quite mature)

Here are some pictures of our flock



You can see their coops there in the back.  They all sleep in the one of the right now, but some still lay in the other coop.











No comments:

Post a Comment